Ontario Sea Kayak Centre and Wild Women Expeditions are pleased to be bringing you this epic women’s adventure on Georgian Bay.
Imagine yourself kayaking Killarney, along the shores of the iconic Canadian landscape.
Part of the southern edge of the Canadian Shield, this area boasts granite bedrock exposed by the glaciers at the end of the last ice age, about 11,000 years ago. The rock formations and windswept Eastern White Pine are characteristic of the islands and much of the shoreline of the bay.
You will paddle in sight of La Cloche mountain range for five days of exploration along the shoreline of Philip Edward Island, off the coast of Killarney Provincial Park. There are countless islands to paddle to, explore and camp on. This serene and spectacular kayaking adventure on Georgian Bay offers the best scenery, swimming, and high granite plateaus for amazing sunset camping viewpoints.
You begin with 1 night at Harmony Outdoor Inn in Parry Sound with an afternoon coaching session with Paddle Canada certified instructors. The next morning you head out for a 6-day sea kayak trip with 5 nights backcountry camping. Over these six glorious days of paddling, you will travel at a relaxed pace, taking time for exploration and skill building. This trip is perfect for women who have some coastal paddling experience but also suitable for novice kayakers up for a challenge.
Its timeworn rock faces, diverse habitats, and rugged beauty inspired landscapes painted by artists of the Group of Seven and the unique geology of the Georgian Bay never fails to impress. Breathe it in while you’re here.
Don’t worry, we’ve got this covered.
- One night ‘Glamping’ at Harmony Outdoor Inn
- Afternoon coaching session at Harmony Outdoor Inn
- High-end touring kayak, based on preference and skill level
- All necessary paddling gear
- All food and snacks from Breakfast Day 2 to Lunch day 7
- Group camping gear
- Large tarps (incase of rain or intense sun)
- Quality lightweight tents, sleeping mats if needed, additional dry bags where needed
- Expert skills coaching throughout the trip
- Provincial park passes as required
What's Not Included
- Parking at Chickanishing River put-in, Killarney provincial park
- Dinner on your first night at Harmony Outdoor Inn, you may bring your own to cook in the fully equipped outdoor kitchen
Amazing trip. One of the most beautiful parts of the country, and how better to see and explore it than in a kayak? Great company. Fabulous food, and abundant fish. One of the true remaining wilderness experiences in Canada, far away from civilization. Rugged, unspoilt landscape where we could trace billions of years of history in the rocky cliffs and also spot a few bears.