Join our guides on this eight-day kayaking trip departing from Agawa Bay at the south end of Lake Superior Provincial Park. From here our female guides will lead this women-only trip north to explore this ruggedly beautiful coastline.
On day two you will paddle past the Agawa Pictographs, seeing these from the water is the best in our opinion. Continue northbound and camp out on some stunning beaches and coves watching the sunset to the west each night. The furthest north we will paddle is to the Baldhead River. Here you will stay two nights and hike up to Orphan Lake and relax and enjoy swimming at the beaches at the river mouth. This campsite is also along the coastal hiking trail so hikes from here are also possible. The second half of the trip will be heading back to Agawa Interpretive centre, staying at different campsite on the way back.
Our local guide is a skilled Yoga Instructor so morning stretching and evening yoga are all possible. Lake Superior never fails to impress and has its own energy that people talk about for years after taking a trip here.
You must have passed your Paddle Canada Level 1 Skills course to take this trip. We have level 1 courses available before this trip date (also available in a women-only format if you prefer) find out more about our level 1 courses here: Paddle Canada Level 1 Skills Courses.
To register for this trip head over to the Wild Women Expedition’s website.
Meet Your Guides
Don’t worry, we’ve got this covered.
- 7 night guided backcountry kayaking trip
- Sea kayaks and paddling gear including PFD, skirt, paddle, safety equipment
- Camping gear including tents and camp kitchen equipment
- All meals and snacks while on trip.
- Certified female sea kayak guides at a 6:1 ratio
- First Aid, Safety and Communication Equipment
What's Not Included
- Travel to and from the launch site.
- Parking fees at the launch site.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
What You Should Bring
A detailed gear list is sent before the start of the trip but this can get you started.
- Your own Sleeping bag
- Clothes to wear on land and on the water. (Packing list gets sent out)
Very well organized and safety-oriented. Best guides and superb service.