Lake Huron’s greatest treasure is its North Channel, the home of hundreds of uninhabited small islands nestled in a passageway in the northern part of Lake Huron. Our North Channel Kayak Expedition brings boat lovers together in this untouched wild landscape. Lying north of Manitoulin Island, the North Channel stretches from Sault Ste. Marie to Killarney.
The water is deep, dark blue and tantalizingly clear. Steep granite ledges of white and pink can rise to within a few feet of the surface from depths of 100 feet. The vast coastlines of the North Channel mesmerize any adventurer lucky enough to experience this rugged landscape. Paddle through crystal clear waters to gorgeous secret islands and pristine beaches with views of the La Cloche Mountains to the north.
The allure of our North Channel kayaking adventure is that you get to experience the very best of these varied landscapes. We won’t be paddling all the time—although some consider paddling through still blue waters in breathtaking scenery to be heaven itself! We’ll also have time to relax by the campfire, swim, explore wacky rock formations, hike to mountain vistas, and find hidden beaches.
Join your fellow female adventurers in this sea kayaking haven!
To take this trip you must have your Paddle Canada Level 1 Skills certification. This is available before the trip (also in a women-only format) check available dates here: Paddle Canada Level 1 Skills.
To book this trip head over to our partners website Wild Women Expeditions: North Channel Expedition Page.
Meet Your Guides
Don’t worry, we’ve got this covered.
- 6 night guided backcountry kayaking trip
- Sea kayaks and paddling gear including PFD, skirt, paddle, safety equipment
- Camping gear including tents and camp kitchen equipment
- All meals and snacks while on trip.
- Certified female sea kayak guides at a 6:1 ratio
- First Aid, Safety and Communication Equipment
What's Not Included
- Travel to and from the launch site.
- Parking fees at the launch site.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
Another great adventure in the Baja. I will be back again next year!