We regularly create custom Paddle Canada courses for outdoor clubs, colleges, private schools, Scouts, Army Cadets, outdoor stores, and groups of friends. We offer training for paddlers of every skill level. It could be a certification course or a skills clinic. Our private group kayaking courses and tours are ideal for families, groups of friends, organizations, and clubs.
With the new normal that we are all trying to get used to, we are getting more requests for training and guided trips for small groups or social bubbles. We have the guides, instructors, and equipment to create a program for you.
You can choose to meet your instructor wherever you like, at a local waterfront park or at your cottage waterfront. We can also run it at our waterfront at Harmony Outdoor Inn. We have instructors based all over Ontario that are willing to travel to share their love of kayaking.
Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking courses of every level, Basic to Level 4 can be quoted on request. Our instructors
What You Will Learn
- We will discuss the goals of the group and design our lesson to meet those goals.
Don’t worry, we’ve got this covered.
- Full Touring kayaks, pfd's and all safety gear
What You Should Bring
A detailed gear list is sent before the start of the trip but this can get you started.
- Lunch, plenty of drinking water, and sun protection (sun block, hat).
- Towel and change of clothes (for after the wet skills portion of the course).
- Footwear that can get wet
- A wetsuit is recommended for your personal comfort but not necessary.
- If you’re bringing your own kayak, you will need a paddle, pump, PFD with whistle, and 15m floating rope.
Your Level one course was amazing. The demonstrations were clear and concise. Your feedback or coaching was very helpful. You both answered my many questions with clarity and patience.