COVID Statement of Understanding
COVID 19 is a serious virus with potentially deadly consequences. At Ontario Sea Kayak Centre we take your safety and the safety of our staff, partners and the communities in which we operate seriously. We need your help and commitment to help keep us all safe.
- I recognize and accept that Ontario Sea Kayak Centre and its partners are doing their best to ensure the safety of the group, their staff and the communities in which they operate and I will support them however I can in this mission.
- I recognize and accept that Ontario Sea Kayak Centre and its partners cannot guarantee I will not be exposed to the virus.
- I will respect and abide by the procedures, recommendations and directions of my Instructors and guides and Ontario Sea Kayak Centre at all times.
- If I am feeling or showing any signs or symptoms of illness and or COVID-19 before my course or trip I will not travel and will not attend.
- If I am feeling or showing any signs or symptoms of illness and or COVID-19 during my course/trip, I will disclose this to the guides/instructors and follow their instructions.*
- I agree to follow and respect the policies and procedures of the local accommodation providers, transportation providers, restaurants, and shops on my travels to help keep everyone safe.
- I will keep a 2-meter distance from all OSKC guides, staff, and partners unless wearing a mask or it is an emergency, even if I am vaccinated.
- I will keep a 2-meter distance from other guests with whom I am not in a social bubble, even if I am vaccinated.
- I will wear a mask when instructed by the guides and/or anytime physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- I will practice good hand hygiene, washing or sanitizing frequently and especially after using the washroom and before eating.
- If I am in a “bubble” with my chosen travel companions, I will preferentially work with them to complete tasks that require being closer than 2 meters apart from another person. This could include things like moving luggage and camp supplies, helping each other getting in and out of kayaks, navigating rocky ground, etc. These were tasks your staff would have helped with in the past, but we are trying to minimize risk for all parties and will ask you to work more cooperatively to help us all stay safe.
- I recognize and accept that if the guide determines I may be ill, I will be put into strict isolation until such a time that I can be safely transported from the tour and to a place for continued isolation and testing. I recognize and accept that this may mean not participating in the remainder of my activity, incurring travel expenses and being responsible for any other costs associated with isolation measures after leaving the tour eg. Hotel rooms, meals, car rentals etc.
- If I am feeling or showing any signs or symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 anytime up to 14 days after my tour, I will contact the Ontario Sea Kayak Centre’s office as soon as possible so that those I came into contact with can be notified to obtain testing and go into precautionary self-isolation.
This pre-screening questionnaire is one means that we are employing to prevent transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or live with someone who has COVID-19, please do not travel or join the course/trip. Call your doctor, or the local public health office to discuss steps for isolation and testing. Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to participate in the kayaking course/trip.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for cancellations related to COVID-19.
Please answer the following questions:
Please contact our office if you have any questions.