This all-inclusive holiday is actually 14 days long! We are out on our kayaking trip for twelve days. We take care of all the planning needed to come and explore the ultimate Baja coastline. We pick you up at the airport, arrange a shuttle into town from Loreto International Airport and back again at the end of the trip. Your accommodation in town on March 12th is included the day you arrive in Loreto. The following day we head out on our twelve-day trip down the coast. When we return twelve days later, your accommodation is included on March 24 and 25th. Everything except your personal camping items for the expedition and your personal in-town meals and fun in Loreto is covered. You just need to book your flight!
Your group, along with OSKC senior guides James and Dympna, will meet up in Loreto Airport on March 12th. We will accompany you to our accommodation in town and show you around. You will have the afternoon to acclimatize and sort your gear before our pre-trip briefing that evening. We depart the following morning!
This expedition is an extended Loreto to La Paz trip so that we have the time to head out around Isla San Jose. We will put-in at Ensenada Blanca, just south of Loreto and add a 12th day to the trip. This should then give us enough time to cross the approx 5 kms out to Isla San Jose when we get further down the coast. We will be able to paddle up and around the outside of the island on our way to La Paz.
Isla San Jose boasts some of the most stunning sea stacks and arches on this whole section of coastline. It’s island nature means it is remote and untouched. Fossilized whale bones are also an impressive discovery on the east side of Isla San Jose. Isla San Jose is also where we will have a panga come and give us a food and water resupply so we can manage this extended twelve-day trip. The trip is around 200 kms so we paddle 20kms/day giving us time for hikes and snorkeling!
We end the trip on Thursday, March 24, with Friday to explore the beautiful town of Loreto where we can cruise the art galleries and shops, and enjoy delicious meals and margaritas under the starry Loreto night skies. Our trip ends on Saturday, March 26, when we drop you at the airport in Loreto for your flight home…or perhaps you’re going to rent a car and head out to explore some of the rest of Beautiful Baja. We have traveled to many other places in Baja so we are happy to help you with your plans if we decide to extend your holiday.
A day-by-day plan to guide your journey ahead. Just keep in mind that it may change due to weather or group needs.
Meet Your Guides
Don’t worry, we’ve got this covered.
- Shuttles from Loreto Airport to Loreto town on March 12th and back on March 26th.
- 12-day Sea Kayaking Expedition including shuttle from Loreto Town to launch point.
- Shuttles from trip take-out back to Loreto town
- High-end Nigel Dennis sea kayaks and equipment for trip
- Group cooking and camping gear for 12-day expedition
- All meals and snacks, for the twelve days while on trip, including the chance to sample mouthwatering Mexican food! (Once informed, we can accommodate most food allergies and preferences.)
- Accommodation in the town of Loreto pre-trip.
- Accommodation in the town of Loreto post-trip from March 24th-26th.
- All Loreto National Marine Park passes
- Expedition First Aid Kit. Guides are Wilderness Medical Associates First Responder Certified.
- Communication devices. Guides have obtained their VHF Marine Operators License. We travel with a satellite messenger device on all OSKC trips.
- Your guides, James and Dympna, are Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia trained, they are also senior level Paddle Canada instructors.
- We also have our local guide Marcos, from Baja, Mexico, on our trip as our host to share local knowledge, history and the best camping and snorkelling spots!
What's Not Included
- Meals before and after expedition while in Loreto.
- Flights to and from "LTO" (Loreto International Airport)
- Travel, Medical and Evacuation insurance. (Required)
What You Should Bring
A detailed gear list is sent before the start of the trip but this can get you started.
- Sleeping Mat
- Sleeping bag in a dry bag no larger than 15 L
- Personal clothes for on land, in a dry bags no larger than 15 L, maximum 2 bags
- Personal on-water garments
- Hiking shoes and water shoes
- Other personal items for comfort
- *A detailed gear list is sent pre-trip
Amazing trip. One of the most beautiful parts of the country, and how better to see and explore it than in a kayak? Great company. Fabulous food, and abundant fish. One of the true remaining wilderness experiences in Canada, far away from civilization. Rugged, unspoilt landscape where we could trace billions of years of history in the rocky cliffs and also spot a few bears.